ONION SOUP



It’s been so cold in the last days! When I go to work in the morning everything is frozen, and when I come back home I only want to stay in all evening. If I need to go somewhere I try to be fast in order to come back home quickly and prepare myself a good cup of hot tea, and I am not a person too sensitive to cold!

This soup is a winter classic which comes from France. It uses simple ingredients that when combined and well-cooked create a delicious dish, and it’s really comforting in cold days.


INGREDIENTS (for 4 people)

5 or 6 medium-sized onions
50 g butter
1.5 l chicken broth
1 tbsp. olive oil
8 slices of toasted French bread
150 g grated cheese which melts well (Emmental kind)
4 eggs

INSTRUCTIONS

In a large pot melt the butter and add the onions chopped in julienne strips or in small dices. Let cook at low heat for about 25 minutes, until the onion is golden brown.
Add the chicken broth and let cook another 15 minutes.


Pre-heat the oven to 200º C

Fill 4 bowls with this soup. In each bowl add a beaten egg, two slices of toasted bread and grated cheese. You can use any kind of grated cheese you like with the condition it melts well in the oven. If you are a cheese lover you can add more cheese for a richer soup. You can also add the egg made poché, this is how I made mine in the soup of the pictures I am showing you, but in other occasions I just beat them and the soup turns out as delicious.

Place the bowls on the higher part of your oven for about 10 minutes. Be very careful when you take the bowls out from the oven, they will be burning hot when you touch them!

Bon appetite.



SHARE

About EnjoynCook

0 comentarios :

Post a Comment